Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Year of the Dragon

The title of this posting has more life in it than i do at this moment. Been a rough semi stressful one this week. Kinda tired and run down after this cold/cough combo does not seem to want to let me go. Been hacking and coughing way more than i should be and it hurts to laugh. Been repressing any urge i have to get a good laugh out even though that's probably what I need. Hoping some of that fine medication from the pharmacy will help me knock it out. That and get my ass moving in the gym again.

Been having some issues dealing with how i see myself too. There are days when I can wake up feeling good and look at myself and feel that I look good. Then there are days, sometimes its the same day, that I just feel like a lump and unattractive. I know I am not the only one that feels this way it just amazes me how fast a mood can change. Like the flick of a switch. Its scary. Everyones switches in the house have been on the fritz it seems this week. Adding to the stress level I am sure. I wish there was more I could to help around here but it does seem that when i try to really help even more than i usually do it gets worse. So when times get really loud and scary I either hide in my room and turn on my headphones or bury my head under my pillows. Really how old am I?? I might be making it sound worse than it is but the situation my family is in is not something any of us imagined for us. Having my parents be grandparents and parents to my niece and nephew is a daunting task. I try to not make things all about me, but its my blog after all. Thats the hardest thing to deal with most of the time. Putting up with mom and dad reacting to the kids.

So with all this annoying and negative energy around its been kinda difficult to work on some fun new stuff. I have been busy though. i picked up another art job for an online model. Lots to do with this one. Working on logo, text, and promo image for another woman. I will post some behind the scenes stuff on that, meaning rejected sketch ideas mostly.


So i will get off my soapbox for a little bit and try to post some fun works.  Hope you are all having a good month so far.


Sticking with the title of this blog posting i figured i would feature the "Dragon Ladies" that i did for an art group I am part of on a BBW community site. I took the idea literal with a couple of these girls and then I went with one of the best dragon ladies there is, Malificent from 'Sleeping Beauty".



No comments: