Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

World Series Wednesday

Well as most of you probably know, I am from New England. Just North of Boston to be precise. Even though my city has it's own sports history and traditions, it's very hard to not get swept up in all things Boston Sports. I'm a huge hockey fan, enjoy football, but after that it kinda trails off. If I were to rank them it would go hockey, football, baseball and distant vague awareness of the basketball. Maybe one day in the future there will be ladies and leprechauns adorned in Celtic green and white on here. Today though. My footwear is red. Well the focus of this post is on the Boston Red Sox.

Back in the series and it is crazy. I've never been that invested in baseball, the game is too slow for me most of the time. However it's always fun to watch a big championship series when you know the team or have some association with them. The Sawx have always been a part of my family. My father and grandmother and great aunt used to go to games all the time. My grandparents on both sides were really into them, as well as my great aunt. When the Sox one in 2004 i was down in New Jersey for school. Some of the best times I've had watching the game of baseball were in a rented room in house in Jersey. I went sto school during the day, worked at the party store after and would come home and stay ip til like 130 finishing the games, pacing across the creaky floor. We lost my Great Aunt soon after they won. My grandparents on my mother side passed after they won in 2007. I am not a super fan in any way but this team always brings up good feelings when watching them go for great things. Looking forward to this series.


So to show off some minor support and have some fun with mascots, official and unofficial, I give you this weeks Hump Day post.

Go Sawx.





These are some of my favorite Hockey Hotties from this year. Keep it local.

A couple Green Monstah's.





No comments: