Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Well well well. What a difference from last week at this time. The sun is shinning, the birds are chirping and both windows are almost all the way open. Granted its still chilly, and the birds chirping are actually crows cawing all around the house it is still nice out.
The snow is all melted and we are approaching a few important days this month. This weekend we turn the clock forward for daylight savings time. Then next weekend we have St. Patrick's Day. Then not 4 days later we welcome in one of the best seasons of the year, spring. Quite the productive month right?

In honor of all these events I have come up with some fun little themes. I wanted to show off some more fun St. Patrick's Day than just one days worth of posting. So I went searching for some other well known Irish legends and creatures. Not a whole lot really jumped out at me, but the ones that did I am going to have some fun with and put my own spin on it.

So lets get into the mood. Dance a hearty jig and get this post going.




Just a continuance of last weeks "Winter" post. Here are the cleaned up inked versions of Old Man Winter and his Lions of Winter. Hope to get these colored and put together soon.

These next few are my take on one of the the Irish legends. The Grogoch is  this little trickster faerie that is usually a horrible looking little hairy man that wears sticks and leaves. They don't usually appear as females but I figured, what the hell. So here are a few of my takes on the girlish Grogoch.





She is not necessarily a fearie but just a good looking Irish lass.




This one I had fun with and is probably more recognizable than the Grogoch. The Banshee with her powerful and terrorizing scream.


Lastly, as a really really small tease and a bit of self motivation here's a shot of some notes on another project I have been working on and hope to really develop into something bigger. Keep your eyes open for more on "HotD"

No comments: