Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

How could I forget?

Okay clearly in the holiday haze my mind was in I forgot i got some new stuff to throw in the middle of my countdown.

Going off of the rest of the worlds views and Christmas tradition something that really caught my eye and got a lot of attention was the legend of "Krampus". He is kinda the dark version of Santa and in some instances rides along with him taking care of the naughty children in a variety of ways. Most end with some sort of torture or eating them. Charming to say the least. So with my love of all things dark and twisted and enjoying monster art, my sketchbook kinda exploded with Krampus art. So I give you my take on the man, the myth, the legend. I took all aspects of a few different incarnations of him and added my own too. Ladies and gentlemen......The Krampus.


So I went big with these first two. Straight up big powerful scary demon and added two litle helpers.

With him i toned down the size. He is usually dressed in dark colors with chains and he loves whipping people. He's gonna get you.

I went with the look of a man this time. Since he is the alternate Santa I went with that angle. it would work better with colors. Black beard and dark green clothes.

Again going with the scary demon look. His switch of Birch branches at the ready and mouth made for devouring children.

Another demon version. Lots of fun with these. Hopefully get them out on time next year and add more to it.

Let me know what you think.

happy Krampuslauf.

No comments: