Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

You want me to be the bad guy?

I love villains. I have always been more drawn to the darker side of things in my life anyway but nothing is better than a really good villain. Growing up on Disney films i learned the best ways to be bad. I dont know why, I'm not that bad of a person (mom and dad say I'm the good kid) but i just really enjoy watching the baddies have their way.
Some I like more than others. Like I said, Disney does it right. Wether they are cookie cutter, or really twisted in their own unique way there is nothing like seeing their evil minds work. One of my favorite posters that I've ever bought was the Disney Villains poster i got in Disney World during one of our trips down there. it needs some updating, being that it is over ten years old but I still proudly display it in my room.
Speaking of favorites a few new faves have entered the picture. Even though it came out last year I am still enjoying and talking about "Tangled". This project was in the works for a while, both the movie and the little project I am going to post. A lot people were a little let down by the movie, saying it was too cliche and dull but not I. I loved it the instant the film started it. Are there a few things I would change about it? Yeah. The original opening , or alternate opening, is a lot better and a little slower in pace. I think it works a little better. Some early scenes I would have staged and edited differently. Especially the introductory scene of Flynn Ryder and the Stabbington Brothers.
Speaking of mkaing changes. I could not get enough of those big lugs that Ryder screws over. Gotta love the dynamic between the three of them. I would love to see a backstory on how they came to work together. I smell fan fiction. I was thrilled when they showed back up at the Snuggly Duckling and when they partnered up with Mother Gothel. There are interesting dynamics between them as well. Everyone is using everyone else to get what they want, with Gothel being the worst offender of this. Not only is willing to put the Stabbington Brothers lives at risk but her abuse of Rapunzel is one of the most vile things I've seen from a movie villain in some time. Joan Crawford has nothing on her.

So in celebration of my love for Disney villains and The Stabbington Brothers and Mother Gothel I present this piece that I have had rolling around in my head for too long. Looking for another take on it as well.





"Fine. Now I'm the bad guy."