Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Post

I've always like Memorial Day weekend. I guess it has to do with getting a 3 day weekend during the school year before all the finals and stuff happened. It may be that or as you get older you get a 3 day weekend off from work. There is also the possibility that it is usually the weekend of a big BBW bash here in New England. That didn't happen this year though, I'm not in school, and don't have a steady job.

So todays real reason that I like Memorial Day so much has to do with the reason it was instituted, to honor the life of those lost during wartime and giving their all for this country. I know that this page reaches out to all over the world (not bragging, i checked my stats) so I am not sure if you all set aside a day of thanks for the military and armed forces, but you should. I have never served, I'm not really built or wired for it, but I am immensely thankful and grateful to everyone that I know that has and still does and to all those I don't know as well. You are all better men and women than I could ever hope to be.

So this is my little tribute to you, in my own way.

Thank you.








No comments: