Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gettin Over The Hump

So I don't have a regular job like most people at the moment. I mentioned to a few people that I was unemployed over the past weekend and they corrected me and said that I do have a job. I draw. It still never feels like a job when I do it though. Even applying for the jobs I have it still doesn't always seem like a real path ya know? My father has been with the phone company for almost 30yrs now. Mom has pretty much been employed all her life too, doing various jobs. I haven't held a job, let a lone the same job, for more than 3yrs. I feel like a bit of a let down in that case. I wish i could have smartened up and realized and planned better when I was at the places I was at so i wouldn't always be worrying about where the next check was coming from.

Not sure where I was going with that but it felt good to get out. Been a fast week here kinda. I will admit that the Bash hangover/comedown has taken over most of the week. I got so sick of looking at my art that I really didnt want to get anything new going, at least BBW related. I still have some projects going but stepping away from them for the moment to reboot my mind. I figured I would take another look at another long gestating project that I have wanted to finish for a while.

You may remember that I posted designs and layouts for an "Oliver" themed piece. Well I opened that folder back up and started doing some more work on it. I am liking where its heading but at this moment, after stalling all morning and exploding on it this afternoon I am stuck once again. I have a good portion of the layout and am happy with some of the redesigns too. That damn center piece is killing me though.
Here take a look.


So there is where I am right now. Being that it is an "Oliver" poster I bet you can guess who I have yet to fit in there and be happy with. Damn kid is a pain in the ass. Can't decide to go full body or 3/4 body. I may end up changing Dodger's pose too. it looks a bit too much like the orphan master. Hopefully I will post a better look at it soon.



Speaking of a better look. This is where the magic happens. This is my bedroom/living room/home theater/ dining room/ studio. This is more a look at the studio side of things. References strewn all about and papers flying left and right. Thank god for office chairs. Yes it is decorated like a 12yr olds room too. Movie posters on every wall and more than a few action figures and statues on the shelves too.

Hope you enjoyed the tour through my mind and the room. More to come soon.

Happy Hump Day.

No comments: