Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back to the drawing board.

I'm stuck. The past two weeks have been interesting to say the least.
I flirted with a full time day job but as of today, reallly about two hours ago that idea fizzled. My mind is very active, as I've mentioned on here a few times before. I dont know if its a real mental problem or a maturity issue but I just cant seem to grasp things like I feel I should. The job I went for had a bit of importance and a managerial quality to it. I can handle making important decisions and plans like that. I need someone to tell me what to do and how to do it so that I can do it. Thats why i like getting art jobs, aside from the money that comes in. I ask people what they want, they tell me,  I do it and give it to them. It affects only me and any issues that come up are resolved by me. With this job my actions would derail any activity done by the company and with my brain severely lacking in math and number skills i really felt like I was going to be a detriment to the job. I was feeling stressed, anxious and scared while there. I was also having nightmares since I started last week. When your high school algebra teacher shows up in a dream I think it might mean something.


So here i am back at my computer desk, having recently solved some printer/scanner connectivity issues. I haven't really gotten any art together since last week. Things kinda got knocked outta wack. However i did manage to get some little things done. I decorated my parents anniversary card envelopes. That little adventure turned into a nightmare as well. Turns out my niece isnt so good at giving presents when you say "This is for you to give." She wanted the card, envelope and scratch tickets that i got for my mother. For over an hour she had a freaking meltdown cause she couldn't have them. Buzz kill. Not to mention that the tickets were all losers.

I also managed to prop myself up at the drawing desk saturday morning, with a heavy buzz on and get some fun little spring drawings done. I really wanted them to be more timely and done better but its the best I got right now.

Back to drawing board in every sense of the term now.




So there you have it. Crappy scans, drunken attempts at theme art and a sad an broken artist bearing his soul to the masses again.
These were to go out with the end of March to go full circle with the "Lions of Winter" I did. In like a lion, out like a lamb. That's the saying. Well March seemed to have gone out like a limping lamb for me.

Just another day here at DiggBigginsArt.blogspot.com. Right?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, I know exactly what you mean when it comes to being told what to do. I work at a gas station, and I dread the day that I have to quit to move on to something that makes more money, because it'll probably mean getting a job with more decision making responsibilities. I've considered the manager position, like once I'm out of school, and can be full time more than just in the summer, but I don't think it'll work. I'm smart enough for it, but I'd rather be the employee than the manager. I can only manage myself, lol.