Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Family.

Today is my niece's 5th birthday. I can't believe that its been 5 years that she has come into this family and essentially changed everything. I may resent them and get pissed at them and this whole situation at times.  I can't help but think that some of the stuff that I have been through because of her and my nephews arrival has not lead me to better things. I don't really know if you would all be getting the thick and sexy versions of the Disney Princesses if it werent for all the shit around this house. If I could think of a way to have plumped versions of the "Cars" characters I would but its the Disney stuff my niece has that got me thinking. I really do love them, and my mother and father as well. I did not attend the birthday party today because its the rest of the family I cannot stand.

I went and saw "The Dark Knight Rises" in full Imax today. I heard that the birthday party went well. Except for a few small hiccups. A couple were to be expected however one stole the show and made me wish I was home for it.

I may have mentioned that I asked my aunt, on my dad's side, for money to help support me on my trip out to Vegas for Fanfest. Well she turned me down. She is of the artistic nature as well. I have seen here studio set up at her *cough* million dollar house *cough* and am slightly jealous of what I have seen. IF i was there it would be put to much better use than simple water color landscapes and dog portraits. I'm a cat person anyway, but I digress.  So my Aunt came to this party today, a though I had not even considered. From what my Mom tells me she was a right awful bitch the second she showed up and made some snide comments about my dads friends tattoos. Well the kicker was the exchange she had with my mother about my art. It went something like this:

Auntie Carol (AC): Does he read the emails I send him about getting his art out there?

Mom (M): Yeah he does, He gets his art out there. If you bothered to look at it..

Ac:(all snippy like) Ohh, I've seen it.

M: Then drop it.
:)

I love my mother. HA!!


I had a feeling that the reason she didn't lend me some money or give me support was because of the kind of art that I am best at and promote. You guys love it. I love it. I love that you love it. Makes me very happy that it does not go unnoticed. The response I get on the BBW sites i'm on, on twitter and the over 7,000 views on DeviantArt certainly make it all worthwhile and makes me feel like I'm doing some good. Like a great man once said, 'If you're good at something never do it for free." Granted that man wears a purple suit, has green hair and dresses like a clown BUT he's fucking right.

Its time like these that help get through the rough spots and make me smile. I love those close to me and those that support me. You fuckers rule.


So to celebrate what I do best and really just a big Fuck Off to Auntie Carol, here are some of my recent faves.

Thank you all again.








Had to include this one again. *swoon*




I really do think she needs more attention.

Lovely Sillk. Expect big things from her soon.



50 years ago we lost the inspiration to this and many other gorgeous pieces of work.
RIP Marilyn.

I look dumfounded stupid but hey....That's me in my element.


Thank you all again.






1 comment:

shawn said...

You should have a kick starter account to help Paul for supplies and trips.... Just saying.